Orthodontic Treatment for Adults
Some of the reasons correction of orthodontic problems are important to adults:
- Can help prevent or improve periodontal problems
- Can help prevent or reduce further bone loss around teeth
- Improves ability of the dentist to restore missing teeth
- Improves aesthetics for a better smile and facial appearance
- Improves function of teeth
- Improves self-confidence and self-esteem
- Improves oral health
By working together, the dental team can achieve results for patients that cannot be produced alone.
Final treatment decisions should be made in consultation with the family dentist, the orthodontist and other specialists, if necessary.